Thursday, September 25, 2014

Enormous Switch

Before anything else, lemme say my apologies for not being able to update this bloggie for a couple of weeks!  I dunno if you find this unacceptable but most of the time for me, the reason behind not being able to do something right on time is the reason that I actually cannot decide which topic to blog first! For the past few weeks I wasn’t able to put an entry in this blog, believe me, every morning I wake up, I would pick up a certain time out of my sooo-busy-city-life-now to blog! But I actually dunno why I would always end up not able to do it! I don’t think I am lazy! (Am i?) Yeah, that’s right! Coz I have been busy since the big move!


Oh yes, we finally left the small city of Gorman.  It is goodnews for everybody!  I am happy to finally move back to the city life…But a little piece of my heart is forlorn.  But for the most part, I am really happy to leave.  Is that some kind of a bipolar talking there!? Hahaha!  But seriously, 25% of me is sad.  Maybe because I will really miss a laidback kind of life that Gorman gave us since we came home from the Philippines.  It is the kind of place that you wake up every morning with a lot of little butterflies, dragonflies, grasshoppers and birds doing their ‘morning rounds’ in the green meadows before the hot Texas sun shines through the day in the beautiful summer & fresh grassy smell of the after-mowed field!  And comes the late noon time when the soft summer breeze swish the leaves of the trees joined by the crickets singing in harmony and birds fly home to their trees for their slumber - introducing the mood of the evening whether we be sleeping through the sprinkles of rain that brings about cool breeze from the screened windowsill in the kitchen or just one of those laidback summer nights that makes me think about random wee hour snacks at McDonalds or Starbuck’s in Stephenville with the two toddlers especially during the weekends! 

Here is one of my favorite snaps from Gorman, Texas one spring morning!

More memories from Gorman...




With the Monk’s Adventure in this lifetime, I tell yah! I really have this feeling everytime we are leaving a place where there were so much memories are made.  I will never forget the 513 house of Love Acres in Gorman! It is the first place where I was able to successfully raise ‘ampalaya’,  ‘sitaw’ ‘calamansi’ and ‘tanglad’ (bitter gourd, long string beans, Philippine lemon and lemon grass) and had several harvests for Filipino dishes eventhough there is no single Asian Market in the nearby cities.  Life is good in this countryside but our life is here in the city.  So long Gorman! 
Moving to McKinney was so far the best!





 Where the city of Frisco, Plano and Allen are just a 5-15minutes drive around (depends on the traffic since there are so much constructions going on in the Highway 75.  But that is fine!  The second week we were moved here, I got the chance to see and had a long day out with Garry all around the city up to the far downtown Dallas before I am to start my new job! Garry is my nephew by a first cousin – but since he is way older (winks lol) than me, we rather prefer say WE ARE COUSINS when people ask!  Haha! He just arrived from the Philippines last September 2 and so this is the perfect day to show him where I was and how I lived for the last five years I was not in the Philippines!  We had no plans, just being random going places! That’s one thing I like about Garry, he can go random with me.  Like this randomness in the Twisted Root Burger Co in Plano.  
 BUILD YOUR OWN BURGER!!!  Hmmmm!!! Yes! Custom made by you!!!  
Here is how we made ours:
--->Angus Beef (other choices: rabbit, deer, goat, buffalo, turkey etc...(i am not a very brave person to try new meats but my husband Shaylin is always Game On with trying out anything new!)
--->American cheese, 
--->guacamole 
and a --->fried egg on top of a 
--->Sesame Bun 
sided with Onion Rings!
TOTAL: 14.25/burger (tax included)

Click here Twisted Root Burger Co. to learn more about this company!

 Game on KeeKai girl!

 Ava is just happy to see ToGayeee! (thats how she calls Garry) 

 I remember the good old days we had at Coffee Dream in KCC Mall Gensan!  Those are one of the best days of my life! We can sit almost all day in the coffee shop and just hang in there studying for my board exam in Nursing or the NLE.  And who would have thought, we are both here now in the United States!  Coffee Dream Café’ won't be here, but yes!  We are both here!  HOOORRRAAAAYYY!!!  Isn’t that awesome!  Texas isn’t that far of a drive to and fro the state of Arkansas!  
Right this week, I am into this big transition!  Oh really big transition! You have no idea how tired, sored and little sleep I get from the already-not-so-normal sleepless nights I usually had from the countryside!  But I am happy to be productive again and be able to pull in more money for the family!  I am ecstatic! I am so motivated and always on the go!   And I feel beautiful too! (ehemmm).
Man! Where have I been these almost 4 long years!??? I miss putting make up on but I am so glad I never forgotten how to do it! Lol.  One thing I really dread being back, is waking up early in the morning, prepare the kids for daycare, have their daddy drop them off to Inchworm Daycare down the street in the University Drive before he gets to enjoy his whole day of slumber after having to combat for $$$ at nighttime, and me of course run to my own and do my share of combat for $$$ during daytime!  I think that sounds funny desperate! Hahaha! J  I’m silly! And yes!  Presenting at a Personality Development Class is fun and be able to encounter people from different walks of life and be a shining light for them on day to day basis is truly fulfilling. 

Here is a snap of me doing a so-far-my-most-decent make up for such a long time after quitting to buy 'kikay' kits (girlie stuff).
Eversince, whenever i do my make up, i always want it to look like, "Early Morning Glow Look" :) or what they call, NO MAKE UP LOOK!
And what I do right now is a place that gives me purpose and selfworth!  I will be talking about that on my next bloggie! 

So Long, 
Lj

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorena Joy P... I've been looking for you for many years. I see you're graduated nursing school & have become an American. I'm so glad for you!! Please write back. Brian Naeck bnaeck1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete